Indo-American Cancer Association Traveling Fellowship
The Indo- American Cancer Association Traveling Fellowship is open to practicing cancer specialists who are interested in mastering specific skills to improve their work at major government or non-profit hospitals in the Indian subcontinent.
- The Fellowship is open to various cancer specialists such as medical, surgical, pediatric, and radiation oncologists practicing in the Indian subcontinent.
- The candidate must have completed the required post-graduate training in their respective specialty area and be fully employed as a faculty/staff member in an institution of higher education and training for post-graduate physicians and surgeons.
- The Fellowship is a short-term training for further enhancement of specific skills of an individual who has already completed full specialty training available in the Indian subcontinent.
- The duration of the Fellowship is limited to a period of 4-5 weeks. The training is in the form of an observership and is provided by a willing Mentor in the United States who is interested in sharing his/her area of expertise with visiting Fellows.
- The selection of candidates for the Fellowship is based on their qualifications and commitment to providing quality patient care, especially in underserved areas, and teaching medical students and residents in their home institutions.